Sunday, May 1, 2016

Regina Zelicz?


c1900
Back: Katharina Fritz, sister Maria
and Alois Fritz
Front: Josef (son of Maria) Adolf, Victor Fritz  
and Friedrich Fritz

I deliberated before completing this post as nothing in it has been verified and I have been told conflicting stories, so do not know what to believe!

I am hoping that someone who is related will read it and correct me or assist me!

My husband's family could not tell me much about their family.  I find it very difficult to understand that you would not know the names of your grandparents!  When we visited Germany in 2006, we were provided with conflicting information, which I been unable to verify.

I was told that Alois Fritz was married to Regina Zelicz. However Regina is not named as being in the photo?  Had she already died and therefore is it  Alois' mother is pictured?  There are more children than kids named?

Back in 2006, when I received the information,  I was early in my genealogy journey and didn't notice the anomalies or ask the right questions!  I look forward to getting back to Germany (and visiting Romania and Poland) and potentially finding out more!



Click for more A-Z Posts

7 comments:

  1. Sharon, Congratulations on finishing the challenge. I have enjoyed reading your posts. As I've said before, I am so envious of all your family photos and knowledge of your family tree. While I can find names and dates, I have little else to go on. Thanks again for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina and her family are going to continue to provide you with lots of interesting challenges into the future, I guess, Sharon. I'm sure that you will enjoy the travel opportunities that this research will engender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it difficult to understand how people don't know grandparents' names too. I'm glad you went with this post despite lack of verification. Telling the conflicting information might help you get to the truth. Congratulations on surviving the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...so is Maria sister to Alois? She's adopting a motherly pose isn't she? Did Regina die and Maria (Aunt) took over as Mum? Is that what you're saying?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on completing the challenge.

    By sharing what you know you may find a connection - if we keep our stories to ourselves we have no hope of finding the truth

    ReplyDelete
  6. As do my fellow family historians, I love a challenge, mine as well as others... I look forward to eventually reading your answers to your questions. Once again, an amazing photo... I'm sure you would be in the top 5 for best photos, Sharon. I just had to include this in Interesting Blogs..

    http://thatmomentintime-crissouli.blogspot.com.au/2016/05/friday-fossicking-may-6th-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, your comment on my blog has strangely disappeared... would you mind reposting please..

      Delete