Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Karl Riedl

Karl Riedl is the Grandfather of my husband.  My huband's middle name is "Karl" in memory of his grandfather, whom he never met.

I know very little about Karl Riedl except what Alex's mother, Martha, told me;
Karl Riedl was
Born:  25 March 1900 in Bavaria, Germany
Died:   About 1961 (Four or Five Years after his daughter and her family arrived in Australia)
Wife:   Maria Theresia Kummer

The family lived at Atzenbach, Lorrach, Germany.

I did find this World War 1 record about a Karl Riedl with the same date of birth, so it seems probable that it is the same person but 'probable' is not enough for me.

Karl Riedl
World War 1 Personnel Record
Source: www.ancestry.com
I cannot understand German and have not completed any German research, so if anyone can provide me with further details of this record or the family, I would be very grateful for your assistance.

Click for more posts

5 comments:

  1. Family history and research is so interesting. I've done quite a bit, but I have a cousin who's REALLY working on it and has found lots of information. Much of what she's discovered has confirmed family "mythology" passed down through the generations.

    I'm a visiting minion with the Joyful Brigade. Nice to visit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been seeing a lot of ads for German resources and research recently, so I bet someone is going to come to your rescue soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could help but it's all Greek to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I share links to websites for my local Family History society and some are German help. I summarise the links in blog posts. You might find some help. http://travelgenee.com/?s=German
    Visiting from A to Z challenge.
    (With typos fixed.)

    ReplyDelete