Thursday, April 14, 2016

Leopold Fritz

Leopold and Adolf Fritz
 I know very little about my husband's family.

His parents arrived in Australia in 1957 from Germany.  It seems strange to me that his parents were very unsure about the details of their respective families.

When I met my husband, he spoke about his Uncle Bolty in Germany.  However, I found that the German accent had confused things; it was Poldi (short for Leopold) not Bolty!

Family stories indicate that Leopold had completed the Fritz family history and had gone back to records in Venice.  If this is true,  I wonder where those records are today?
Leopold, Wilhelm
Stefanie and Adolf Fritz




We know very little about Leopold.  He was born in the early 1920s and died in the mid 1980's. He may have been born in Germany but it is also possible that he was born in Romania like his younger brother?

My husband remembers that his uncle came to visit Australia once and wanted to go for a drive to Adelaide, but had no idea that it was so far away and complained all the way!

Please contact me, if you are related or can assist with me with information about the Fritz family.


Click for more A-Z Posts

2 comments:

  1. Is there anything as aggravating as learning someone else has done some family history but no one knows what became of it? Where is that Fritz relative when you need them?
    Visiting from AtoZ
    Wendy
    Jollett Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many mysteries, so much to discover! I wish you much success.

    ReplyDelete